Thursday, November 17, 2011

"I lion"

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:57 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
"I Lion"
We went from "I no lion.  I hat (pumpkin hat)" to "I lion, gggrrrr"  all in a day.  This morning Cora would have no part of putting on her lion costume for clinic.  She insisted on wearing the pumpkin hat that she hasn't taken off for two weeks.  At clinic Nancy and I talked about how to tackle trick or treating.  I wondered would Cora be less exposed to germs answering the door with Jeff or out in the neighborhood with me.  My plan was to put her in the wagon, lion paws on her hands, mask on, hand sanitizer in the cup holder and a sign that said "keep away".  I carried out my plan but left off the sign and it worked out fine.  I really didn't think Cora would put on her costume.  Grace even tried to bribe her with a tutu but that didn't work.  Both big kids were dressed and hyped up.  I don't know what came over Cora but she said "lion on" and that was the end of it.  She got her costume on, mask on, and into the wagon she went.  We were able to keep our long standing tradition of trick or treating with Cora's godmother and her girls. 

We had a quiet weekend and I actually got out of the house twice without kids.  Wow!  Sunday I worked at Baldwin Hall setting up for my favorite two week craft show. Being around all that creativity made me feel like I need to get back to work. 

Not much to report from clinic today.  We are doing two appointments this week.  Cora had her port accessed for the first time today and that was horrible.  I guess I didn't really understand how the port works.  I put on a numbing cream and a little while later they stick a fish hook in her chest, at least that is what the needle looked like to me.  She screamed and screamed.  Lauren said something wasn't right with the access.  Finally, she was able to get it accessed and Cora stopped screaming.    I hope that every access isn't like that.  I will regret having her lines removed. 

Many of my friends have emailed to ask, "Who is Debbie McMahon?  I see her guestbook posts.  Do you know her?"  I promise tomorrow I will write and tell the whole story of Dan, Debbie and Sarah.  It is an emotional tale of friendship.  I can't wait to share it. 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment