Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why Now???

Sunday, November 6, 2011 8:57 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Why now????
Why now?  Right now?  Why does Cora think NOW is the time to potty train?  I am simply not up for potty training and the mess that comes with it.  Some days Cora is lucky to get out of her pj's for clinic, let alone me remember to bring several changes of clothes.  I spent the better part of the morning trying to cajole her back into the diaper.  She sits and sits on her potty trying to squeeze something out.  She is also obsessed with everyone else's potty habits.  Andrew did give her a big, fat "Not NOW Cora!" when she was investigating what was going on.  I could see those little wheels turning! 

When Grace was 2 she discovered the joys of being naked.  As soon as we walked into the house Grace would remove every stitch of clothing, underwear included.  Threats, bribery, nothing worked to keep that girls underwear on.  Then, my friend Shawn suggested telling her if she didn't keep her underwear on bugs would get in her girl parts.  I remember like it was yesterday the first time I told her that.  Even now, as I write this story, I laugh at how quickly she got those panties on.  Never again was she seen without panties.  So, Grace and I tried that today with Cora.  Cora's response - laughter and a knee slap!  Grace said, "Mommy, she doesn't believe us!"  Even at 8, Grace is afraid of those mysterious bugs.  I left it up to Grace to convince Cora about the threat of bugs.  I have given up on the diaper!  Much to Jeff's chagrin, I had him lug many, many bins of clothes downstairs so I could locate those training panties.  Let the fun begin!!

Speaking of fun, we had another great fundraiser.  The shopping event was super fun!  Heather and her staff from Sweet Minerals is amazing.  I am simply in awe of the generosity of total strangers.  Heather sold 1000 raffle tickets!  The silent auction was unbelievable.  I know she worked tirelessly on this event and it showed.  Thank you to everyone who came and shopped, donated for the silent auction, or helped out in any way.  Also, thank you to the vendors who donated a percent of their sales.  Next time you see me, check out my new bag.  It says "Be CORAgeous - Team Cora".  One of the vendors went above and beyond with personalized gifts for our family.  I know one day my turn will come to take care of a family and I can pay back all the kindness we have been handed. 

Quick update on Alyssa - her rollercoaster ride has come to a level ground.  For now, she will coast along and recover from her infection.  Thank you to everyone who prayed for our little friend.    Please continue to pray that Cora stays infection free.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment