Saturday, December 10, 2011

Forgot part of the story!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:03 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Forgot part of the story!
In my tired state of mind, I forgot the whole reason I told you about Andrew.  I am so used to Andrew's ER visits that sometimes I even forget to call family and tell them.  You already know that last night's episode was so much less severe than usual.  (Can you sense my relief about this?)  We are very familiar with the night nurses and doctors, seeing the same ones visit after visit.  I haven't thought much about the St. Agnes ER doctor that delivered what I thought was the most horrible news, leukemia.  I remember how good she was to me, answering questions with calm that she must have mustered up from deep within.  I also remember thinking "she better be wrong". 

Amazingly, she was our doctor last night.  She remembered me and hugged me right away (and a real hug, the kind that comes from caring).  She was so relieved to hear that Cora was doing well.  One of the nurses shared our Gazette article with her so she knew that we were hopeful for a positive outcome.  She went on to tell me how some families stick with you and she was so happy to hear the good news.  We talked a little about that night, since I don't remember much.  If you are ever at St. Agnes and need an exceptional doctor, ask for Dr. Dada. 

The moral to this story is - I have learned everything happens for a reason.  The moons were aligned for Dr. Dada and I to have some closure with the first night of this journey.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment