Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ice Cream at 2:00 am?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:19 AM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Ice cream at 2:00 am?
Ice cream at 2:00 in the morning only means one thing.  You are in the ER.  I heard the croup bark at 12:30.  Within minutes, Andrew was nearing distress.  911 and off we go.  Sorry to everyone in the neighborhood that the ambulance woke up.  I suppose you are almost used to it by now! 

Andrew recovered very well with a nebulizer treatment, steroids and several hours of cool mist and it was time to go home. So, I had to wake up Jeff to come get us and my Mom to sit in the house with the sleeping girls.  "Is it morning?", Andrew wondered as we were leaving. 

The fight or flight instinct is a wild ride.  Although, I knew this time wasn't as bad as the last, he can turn so fast.  Until his breathing normalized, I was terrified.  Today, we are both exhausted, emotionally spent and spending the day hanging out with our littlest pal, Cora.

Cora's testing yesterday seemed to go well but I won't have the official results until tomorrow.  Short of the tech nearly coughing up a lung in front of Cora (germs, germs, germs) and me having to "politely" remind her that she should have a mask on, it was uneventful.  I even used one of my coveted valet passes to ease the stress of the day.  Valet is a serious luxury! 

Cora' is becoming such a toddler.  As a result of our outing last week, she is obsessed with the "neigh".  I have cleared with Nancy that touching a horse would be fine so I am working on finding a horse we can visit on nice days.  We talk all day long about horses, we draw horses, play horses and feed the horses ice cream. 

I mentioned a while back that Grace and Grandma made doll ponchos and doll pajamas to sell, with the money raised going to support a family living in the transition house.  Grace has raised $200!  Thanks Grandma.  You will be happy to know nearly everything you made is gone. Grace is on top of the world and can't wait to go shopping! 

From one exhausted Mommy,
Be CORAgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment