Saturday, December 10, 2011

What's up?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:13 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
What's up?
I was talking to my Dad yesterday "So, do you know you haven't written anything in a week?  How am I supposed to know what is going on?"  My response "Dad, nothing is going on.  There is nothing to write.  Cora continues to do well." 

Cora is somewhere around 80 days post transplant.  She was taken off her anti-fungal last week.  That will typically mess up her cyclosporin (anti-rejection medicine) but so far so good.  Monday's blood numbers were good.  Grace is going to clinic with me tomorrow.  It will be her first time and she is really looking forward to it.  She is very interested in the medical end of Cora's illness and thinks she will either become a doctor or a dog trainer when she grows up!  Can you guess which one I am pushing?

We have halted potty training.  A few nights ago, Cora was forever scarred and will use a diaper for the rest of her life.  Without going into the graphic details that Grace and Andrew will remember for a long time to come, Cora had a huge accident while in panties.  The gag reflex kicked in and whole family was in hysterics, except Cora who was crying.  This is all fine with me because who really wants to potty train right before Christmas. 

The kids and I are enjoying the rainy week at home.  Today, Cora was introduced to fingerpainting. I left the paint and paper on the table last night forgetting Cora would see it in the morning.  Cora was instantly interested.  I really needed an hour to cut fabric for Show Choir/Grace.  Cora was NOT going to wait.  SOOO, Jeff introduced Cora to fingerpainting.  Truth be told, Jeff does not like paint messes at all.  Painting is usually a mommy job.  I noticed it was very quiet so I snuck into the kitchen.  All three kids - at the playroom table, art smocks on, paint in cups - everything was under control and very quiet.  I was able to snap a few super cute pictures, which I promise to post later.  Cora's art will be on sale at the next event.  She created 10 or so masterpieces today and I am sure tomorrow will be more of the same. 

I took Andrew out for a haircut today while the girls stayed with our beloved Rachel.  Given that I don't get much socialization, I enjoyed spending 45 minutes with my friends at Pigtails and Crewcuts.  They are such a wonderful group of women! 

One more thing - I have made it a point not to name people or make public thank you's.  I have learned that people really don't like when you do that.  BUT, today we received a very generous card in the mail that wasn't signed, no return address, no postmark.  Was it you?  If so, thank you from the bottom of Santa's sack! 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment