Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:09 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Happy Thanksgiving!
Today, I am most thankful that Cora seems to be fighting the infection.  We had a great dinner and pie that the kids are still talking about.  Aunt Sooz and Uncle James made berry pies for desert.  Grace and Mommom made a pumpkin pie.  All three of my kids love pumpkin pie, which is weird because I don't like pie at all so I never make it.  We had a late dinner and the kids amused us at the table as usual.  Cora's new favorite word is honey, pronounced something like "hounney" - only in Baltimore, hon. 

We played our new favorite game "Box of questions for Thanksgiving", which is nothing more than conversation starters.  I handed out the cards (those that have played games with Grace know, she is a terrible cheater) ironically Grace got the best question so she went last.  Her question was "What are you most thankful for this year?"  How perfect!  Andrew went first, "Cora" was his answer, which made me cry.

I know I have a lot to be thankful for but, quite frankly, I am not there yet.  I am still stuck in the horror of this roller coaster.  I am still taking it one day at a time and today I am thankful that Cora is a tough cookie.  I made a mental note today that next year's journal will be filled with all the things I am thankful for. 

Saturday is the St. Phillip Neri Fall Craft Show (6401 Orchard Rd, Linthicum, MD) from 9-3.  Grace and I are planning on being there selling our wares.  She will have a table full of American Girl doll clothes that Grandma helped make.  The money she makes will buy Christmas gifts for children/families living in the Believe in Tomorrow House, where we stayed after the transplant.  Please stop by if you are out and about.  You are sure to check some items off your holiday shopping list since there are over 90 vendors and quite a few new vendors. 

Thank you for all your prayers.  I can feel them working.

Be CORAgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment