Saturday, December 10, 2011

There is a fungus among us!

Monday, November 28, 2011 1:34 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
There is a fungus among us!
I am sure my sister is laughing aloud at the today's journal title.  "There is a fungus among us" is a poem title and one of the sayings my mother is known to spew out at random times.  However, it best describes our clinic visit.  Thankfully, Cora's tushy issues didn't turn into anything which required a hospitalization.  Nancy decided today that Cora has a fungus.  10 days ago she went off the anti-fungal medication.  Since it isn't causing any problems for Cora, we aren't going to put her back on the medication.  I am just to put a prescription cream on her tush with every diaper change.

My friend said to me a few weeks ago, every time nothing happens from a supposed something, you will relax a little bit.  So true, but I am exhausted from the week of worry.   

We got to see lots of our pals in clinic this morning.  You can imagine the morning after a holiday is a little busy there.  Someone donated handmade hats so Cora got a new hat, which she loves.  She wears hats all the time, even in the house.  She even came home from clinic and played by herself in the playroom.  This is a huge milestone.  I have been forcing "Cora's playtime" every day.  I gate her in the playroom  and I hang out in the kitchen, pretending to be busy.  I set the timer for 10 minutes.  At the end of the 10 minutes, I play with her.  Usually Cora screams for the first 9 1/2 minutes, kicking the gate, screaming for me.  Today, she went into the playroom and played for 20 minutes, by herself!  She made "icream" (icecream) and "nummy's" for "huuoney" and "hat dolly".  I love hearing her new word - honey.  It is so cute to hear her draw the word out.  Still not sure what it means or who honey is, but at least we figured out what she is saying.  Alas, what wonderful adventures in toddlerhood. 

We don't go back to clinic until Thursday, unless her tush gets worse.  Please continue to pray her Cora's healthy body!

Be CORAgeous!
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment