Saturday, December 10, 2011

I will not freak!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:57 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
I will not freak!
Don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out - that is what I have been telling myself for the last 5 hours.  I emailed a friend - "talk me down", I said.  Cora's clinic visit was uneventful.  They always check her tush for signs of infection but didn't today and I forgot.  We were late getting home so Cora was ready for a nap.  I changed her diaper and cleared off the tush paste that we use to prevent infection.  Instant flight or fight response - rectal fissures and infection.  Ugghh, was all I could think.  We have made it so far and now this?  This type of infection typically moves quickly to fever and hospitalization.  My second thought was, thank god this isn't Christmas Eve.  I made a frantic call to clinic and put Cora down for a nap.  I paced around for two hours while I waited for a return call.  Finally, Nancy called.  We reviewed what to look for, increase in the fissures or infection, fever, pain, etc.  She told me that these things are likely but MAYBE her ANC is high enough to fight this infection.  One of the things we can do to speed healing is frequent baths.  I have already given her one bath and will do another one after dinner.  I held my breath as I took her diaper off after nap.  Everything was exactly the same as three hours prior.  That either means the infection will move slow or she is able to fight it off so far. 

Please call in the prayer warriors to pray for Cora tonight.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment