Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back on the rollercoast!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:04 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Back on the rollercoaster!
We celebrated day 100 Sunday, on top of the world.  Monday afternoon Grace, Andrew and Cora started coughing.  Back on the rollercoaster ride of worry and more worry.  Cora checked out fine at clinic this morning and Nancy reassured me that if she "just gets a cold, it will be fine".  Andrew's cough sounds terrible.  Another day or two and he will be visiting our good friend Dr. Burke.  (Since I know she is reading this - go ahead and schedule us for Thursday afternoon.)  By the time I got home with Cora, she was wheezing again.  I gave her a nebulizer treatment and put her down for a nap.  No coughing so far. 

One of the level's in Cora's blood is down.  I can't remember what it is called but she needs an IVIG infusion.  This will help with her ability to fight infection.  Give the illness that is hitting our house, I said do it today!  It takes 3-4 hours just for the infusion so we are talking about 5-6 hours away from home.  We are scheduled for Thursday, which is going to be the longest day in history.  There are possible side effects so please pray that those are minimal.  Please also pray that I don't loose my mind while trying to entertain an feisty toddler hooked up to iv's. 

We have had many near misses, things that didn't turn into anything.  I am confident that the prayer warriors will get us out of this one without a hospitalization. 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment