Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Day 100!

Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:35 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Happy 100th Day!
This morning we did a re-count and today is day 100!  Our clinic file has it tomorrow but it is official, we are at day 100.  We celebrated our sweet Cora all day.  Creative Daddy came up with a great desert - one twist donut and two round donuts, spells out 100.  Three donuts, three kids.  Of course, we had icecream too.  My sister said, "I can't believe you just let her eat the whole donut and now you are giving her icecream?"  It isn't every day you have a bone marrow transplant.  We sang a made up song, happy 100th day to you and blew out a candle.  No horse appeared in the backyard, although Cora did ask. 

Tomorrow, I will treat myself to my favorite yoga class and Cora will spend a few hours with Rachel.  I, no doubt, will cry most of the class.  "Let it go", Holly will tell me.  Maybe after yoga, I will be able to reflect on the last 100 days.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment