Sunday, January 8, 2012

Be CORAgeous in 2012!

Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:51 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
Be CORAgeous in 2012
We decorated the house the week after Thanksgiving with the hope that we would be together as a family and the fear that we wouldn't.  We made it through Christmas and it feels good that there are no goals in the future. 

Yesterday, I had that feeling.  You know the feeling.  The time has come to put Christmas away.  The plan was to put away the decorations today but after I put Cora down for a nap yesterday, I just couldn't follow the plan.  Jeff walked in after a full day of work to find most of the decorations put away, leaving the big tree - which he has to help with.  Jeff knows a driven woman when he sees one and he also knows not to interfere.  We got it all put away just in time for our annual New Years Eve showing of The Polar Express.  I am not much of a movie watcher, especially a movie I have seen many times.  When I complained about having to sit and watch the movie, Jeff suggested I watch Cora watch the movie.  Cora really enjoyed the movie, laughing at all the right times.  She was adorable to watch as her eyes widened when Santa appeared and held on to me as the train went downhill.  Jeff was right and now I have a New Years Eve memory from 2011. 

Today, we celebrated Uncle James' birthday.  In 2012, Jeff, James and I will all celebrate birthday's that end with a "0".  Originally we talked about a "no kids" celebration, but our focus has changed.  Today, I wondered how we will celebrate.  Which brings to me my resolution for 2012.  As I cleaned and organized the house today I thought about what my resolution should be.  Lots of people say they will spend more time with their kids.  My resolution is going to be to spend less time with Cora, relying on others to care for her.  Those that have seen me at the gym, know I am working my way out.  An hour here, an hour there.  My goal for 2012 is to leave her for 8 hours and not call home, not even once.

Thank you to all of our supporters who got us through the second 1/2 of 2011.  Here's to an amazing 2012!

Be CORAgeous in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment