Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6 1/2 hour visit!

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:04 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
6 1/2 hour visit!
6 1/2 hour clinic visit! I am pretty sure that is a record breaker. I am so glad to be back home. Our morning started late because none of the elevators at Hopkins were working. We got our bloodwork and initial exam. No wheezing but more docs come to take a listen. Then, we noticed something blue/purple on Cora's arm. Right before our eyes is was spreading, sort of like a bruise but not really. To say I was freaking out, would be an understatement. No one knows what it is. It is growing every time we turn out backs. One doctor, two doctors, three doctors.... Then, one says "get me an alcohol pack". All the others say, it isn't going to come off (I had already done the spit test and it didn't change the coloring.) Yeah - you guessed it, the mystery blue/purple wiped right off. We have NO idea what it was. There isn't anything inside her white shirt, nothing on her hands or mine. One doctor said "who cares what it was. It is gone." Sure, now move onto the breathing.
We were scheduled for a CT scan of her chest, which was very traumatic for both Cora and me. We sang "Skinny Markiny Dinky Dink", which has become "our song" to get us through the scaries. It was about 3:00 by the time we headed back up to our isolation room. We waited there until 4:30 to hear the scan was clear. Breathe a sigh of relief but I am not convinced something isn't brewing. Cora was asleep in her carseat before I pulled out of the parking space.
Every day I thank the stars that Cora won't remember any of this. No memories before age 3, I can hear my child development teacher telling us that. No memories before age 3. I hope this is over by the time she is 3.
The big kids are outside right now and Andrew is trying his hand (or should I say foot) at riding his bike without training wheels. This is a huge step for Captain CORAgeous. Grace is skating beside him cheering him on.
Please continue to pray that Cora's body fights whatever infection might be lurking.
Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment