Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a few prayer requests

Monday, October 24, 2011 12:16 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
A few prayer requests
This morning in clinic I was writing my journal for today in my head - all happy, happy, happy! The Cruise for Cora was amazing. The support was unforgettable. There are so many people to thank and now I can't remember a single one of them! As soon as I walked in the door from clinic, my Dad called. He is in the hospital. They really don't know what is going on but it is heart related. He might have fluid around his heart and is waiting on a second opinion. Ordinarily, I would have been on the next plane to Florida. I know life is a test of strength but this is getting a little ridiculous!
I promise to circle back around and say thank you's to everyone who participated in the cruise.
Cora is getting her central line replaced with a port under her skin. This will make our life slightly more normal. Cora and I have to report to Hopkins tomorrow morning before 6:00 (a.m.!!!) Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 and should be under an hour. We will post on facebook when she is out of surgery.
In other news, we have a flea infestation at our house and bike shop! Seriously! Grace and I are itching from head to toe and now Cora has bites. She has no immune system to fight the bacteria fleas carry so we have to flea bomb the house. More chemicals into our environment.
I am trying to take all the little things today in stride. My mood from last week has lifted, most likely due to three days of exercise last week. What a recharge for my soul! I know my Dad is going to be okay and Cora will do fine in surgery tomorrow but pray for us anyway.
Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment