Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:40 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
Surgery to remove Cora's centra line and replace it with an under the skin port, went well. Her wake-up wasn't so pretty and that has continued through the day. I felt like she was getting a fever so I took her temp and nothing to report. At the dinner table tonight I asked her what was wrong and she pointed to her neck, right where the incision is. She must be in pain so I gave her tylenol. Please pray for an uneventful, sleep-filled night.
My Dad was released from the hospital today. They don't know what caused the incident or really what happened. That, in its self, is scary. For now, I am not hoping a plane to Tampa. Thank you for the prayers for him.
I am constantly in awe of the support of our friends. All the kids bed linens are washed and flea free, thanks to a friend. My grass is cut, thanks to a friend. My kids had a great dinner, thanks to a friend. Another supporter called yesterday with advice about how to get rid of the fleas, hopefully without using chemicals that could harm Cora. I have done everything he suggested so we will wait and see if it worked. Keep your fingers crossed.
The emotional tole this journey is taking on me is starting to be obvious to those around me. Thank you to everyone who has held me up this week.
Please pray that Cora remains infection free, especially after all that she was exposed to today at the hospital.
Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment