Tuesday, October 25, 2011

prayers, please

Sunday, October 9, 2011 9:57 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
Prayers, please
Asthma doesn't scare me. Wheezing doesn't scare me. Bone Marrow transplants almost don't scare me. A day 37 BMT, who is wheezing scares me. Cora was breathing heavy yesterday and wheezing this morning. She didn't respond to her normal medications so off to the ER we went. A hospital visit and a few nebulizer treatments later, we were home and just in time to celebrate birthdays with our family.
All I wanted to do today was get out in our flower garden and work the earth with the big kids. Get back to nature, feel the warm soil and listen to the delight of Grace and Andrew when they find a worm. I learned during pregnancy that kids will always throw your plans off. My new normal includes no plans and I am slowly starting to accept this. I do feel so lucky that a land scaping company has offered its services to clean up my abandoned flower beds. I hope the flowers forgive me for subbing out the work.
Please include Cora in your prayers over the next few days. She is, no doubt, brewing a virus. If my instinct is correct, this will be her first post transplant illness and we have no idea what to expect. She has a clinic appointment tomorrow morning so I will update you as needed.
Please pray!
Be CORAgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment