Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More good news!

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:39 AM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
The good news just keeps on coming. Cora will have her central line removed on Tuesday and replaced with a port, which is under the skin. This is good for many reasons, including a much lower risk of infection. She also will be free of her "tails", which she has been making grabs at lately. I think she is most looking forward to a bath! Last night, I wasn't paying attention and she was up to her elbows (with pj's on) in Grace's bath water. The crisis that ensued about removing the wet pajama's and being locked out of the bathroom was so "toddler".
We saw Cora's main bone marrow doctor today who reiterated how lucky we are. When he said "You have no idea what BMT parents go through" I could tell he meant it in a way I will never know about. Cora's counts are still climbing on their own. Her platelets are normal and now I can allow those throw-down tantrums and time outs on the step. Joys of toddlerhood!
Tonight is Cora's benefit cruise. We will leave all three children with our highly reliable babysitter for the evening. How many times do you think I will call and check in? I suspect someone will take my cellphone from me upon boarding the boat. I am looking forward to a night out with Jeff and 140 of our supporters. It is going to be an amazing evening, filled with surprises.
Being locked up in the hospital for so many days has made me appreciate mother nature. Be sure to get outside this weekend and enjoy the change of seasons.
Be CORAgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment