Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bubbles!

As soon as Andrew walked in the door, he jumped on me (yes, right into my arms)  "Did it work, did it work?"  Me - "Did what work?"  Him - "The bone marrow, the bone marrow, Mommy the bone marrow, did it work?" 

He has been so stoic this whole time.  I had no idea he was so worried about his sister.  I had to explain to him that we will have a baseline number in about a week.  My birthday is Friday and I said a little prayer that there would be happy birthday news when we go to clinic on Fri.  I know it is too early but it doesn't hurt to wish.  Today, I am also grateful that I have another year until my next milestone.  I am pretty sure that turning 40 while going through all this would be the straw that broke the camels back. 

Cora spent the afternoon blowing bubbles with Mommom.  She pushed her dolly around outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather, while sporting her "mouse" mask.

I took Grace to the mall for some fall clothes.  Seriously, I have no idea how my mother got through the clothing years and shopping with me.  When I got to the mall, suddenly I was the most tired I have ever been and couldn't wait to get out of there.  My sweet daughter had to look at every single piece of clothing in her favorite store.  I vowed to work on my mall attitude, but not until next month.  We did come home with one (just one after an hour!  Do you have any idea how much shopping I can get done in an hour!) outfit that we could agree on.  Next month we will shop for a winter coat and I will have a better attitude. 
I will update you on the bone marrow baseline as soon as we get the test results.  Please pray that Cora's body continues to fight this digestive bacteria. 

I know I shouldn't share this but here is some writing I found of Grace's.  The list is called "Things about Cora".  The last item reads "She is home, happy and herself again.  And now the family is back together and we are happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment