Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Friday, October 7, 2011 12:35 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
Birthday Wishes
Cora gave me two birthday presents today. She greeted me this morning with a smile and, prompted by Daddy, the sentence "It's a birthday" or something like that. She clearly knows it is my birthday today and so does her body. Today in clinc we got a wonderful surprise. Her ANC, those neutrophils which we are always watching, were around 500 on Wed. Nurse Nancy told me we would have to do a GCSF infusion at our appointment on Fri. Much to everyone's shock, Cora's ANC went to over 2000 on its own! I asked to have her blood re-drawn just to sure!! We were happily on our way two hours later - a short clinic visit and another present because who really wants to spend their birthday at Hopkins.
One of the birthday privildges in our house is being able to pick all the meals. I didn't eat breakfast, although Grace offered to make me a special breakfast. Lunch - I chose Doritos (don't ask WHY they are in the house) Dinner will be Chipolte salad that I am currently addicted to. For all those that are concerned, I am starting to eat again. I will have the weight back on in no time!
Just to mention, tomorrow is the Kinder Farm Park Fall Festival. The park is located off Jumpers Hole Rd in Severna Park. My inventory and Be CORAgeous wear will be there from 10-4. I will be there for some part of the day. This is an amazingly fun kids festival and not terribly expensive. I hear the weather is going to be perfect. Hope to see you there!
Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment