Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Speechless!

Monday, October 17, 2011 6:12 PM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
Speechless!
I came home from clinic today all set to have a giant pity party. I am tired of all of this. I am tired of not being able to meet my kids needs. I am tired of Cora demanding to be on my hip every second of the day. I am tired of remembering all the medications and schedules. I am tired of isolation - which I found out today will continue for another four weeks! Oh, and I am just plain ole' tired! BUT, when I pulled down the driveway, I realized I had to postpone my pity party.
Childs Landscape Contractors came today and did amazing things with my garden. I love working in the garden, getting rid of weeds, cleaning up the flowers, the smell of mulch. The garden was one of the things that drew me to this house in the first place. My garden is so large that I work every single weekend from April - October. I also spend mornings out there before Jeff goes to work. It is a labor of love, which I love to hate. I haven't been able to work in the garden since July. I am supposed to be "letting things go" but letting the garden go, meant letting go all of my hard work. The weeds have had a huge party in my absence and I could almost hear them mocking me. Well, today Child's Landscape got back at the weeds and made me the happiest gal on the block! Oh, and get this - the owner donated, yes DONATED, the entire days work. I don't know Harry and didn't get to meet him today. When I meet him, I will tell him how he has the hardest working men I have ever met. They took away more bags of weeds than I could count. They edged, pruned and remulched every single flower bed in our yard. I sat in the house, cried. Our house and garden looks beautiful.

Then, my friend came over to drop off dinner and give me an hour of therapy! The world needs more people like Nicole, and let me tell you, she makes a mean pasta dish that my family loves!
So, my pity party is officially postponed until a later date.

Several of you have asked about Andrew's response to the bone marrow news. He spent the day hugging me and saying "I love you". He is so much less stressed. The moments I see him interact with Cora make my heart swell. He has figured out how to make her laugh and make her happy, which, considering her age, is a huge thing.
Please continue to pray that bacteria Cora has stays in her digestive system and doesn't go to her blood.
Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment