Sunday, October 2, 2011

I thought I was tired...

I thought I was tired before but WOW!  This brings a whole new meaning to tired.  I lay in bed and wait and wait and wait some more - no sleep.  You see, in the apartment there were some people that lived upstairs.  They kept me awake night after night.  I guess my body thinks we should be awake.  Maybe the change to cool weather, my amazing duvet cover and exhaustion will make a difference tonight. 
Cora is so happy to be at home.  While it is really tough to occupy her, the big kids are being so good with her.  She won't let anyone, not Jeff, Grace, Andrew, even poor Jersey, out of her sight.  When someone leaves the room, we are met with a "MOMMY!" which sounds like it comes out of bullhorn.  She will adjust - right?? 

Today was a much shorter clinic visit, which I am so grateful for.  Going to clinic evokes the same exhaustion as a day at Disney World.  Cora's counts are still up and she appears to be making platelets on her own.  One day I will remember to get her numbers so I can tell you what they are.  Her platelets are nearing the "normal" range.  We took her off the GCSF, one of the meds used to boost neutrophil (ANC) counts.  The last time we did that, she tanked and had to go back on.  This week we did it again and she is holding her own.  Yeah!  One more success. 

Couple mini fundraisers that I would love to mention or offer shameless self promotion - you decide which it is.

This weekend SPRFC, the gym that I have been a member of for 20 years will have Be CORAgeous bracelets and t-shirts for sale during all group fitness classes. I hope to make it to my usual Saturday morning group power class. 

Sunday, I will be selling at Oktober Fest in West Annapolis.  That is an amazing german festival.  I will spend the day selling hairbows and eating 'kraut!  The festival runs from 10-5.  To get to the festival, take any left turn off Bestgate Rd, before you hit down town Annapolis.  I will also have Be CORAgeous gear with me at the festival. 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment