Saturday, September 24, 2011

20 Months Today!

Happy 20 month birthday, Cora!  The 21rst of the month comes again with a little anxiety.  We were admitted to Hopkins on July 21 and again on August 21.  Today we are 8 weeks, (yes, only 8 weeks) into our journey.  Admittedly, I was worried about our clinic appointment today.  I fear infection, which I know will come.  I fear GVHD (graft rejection) which we hope won't come.  I fear the 21rst of the month because that has not been a good day for us the past two months. 

Today was a good day and I will not fear the 21st again!  Yesterday, our nurse told me to prepare for a long appointment as Cora would be needing platelets today.  Everyone was shocked to see that her platelet count went up on its own - for the first time in 8 weeks!  So did her white blood cells, red blood cells, and those famous ANC's.  I am so tired and overwhelmed that I said "thank you" and ran out of the clinic.  On the way home, I realized I had no idea what this potentially could mean.  I called our pal Dr. Burke, who explained that this is another sign that the bone marrow is grafting.  Yeah! 

Keep your prayers coming that Cora's body stays strong and fights off infection.  I believe prayers are being answered so keep up the good work. 

Grace and Andrew are here tonight to celebrate our release from the hospital.  We will have the cake from the hospital.  The cutest thing ever is to see Cora so excited when Grace and Andrew arrive.  Her feet jump up and down in a happy dance, screaming "Ace!  An"

No comments:

Post a Comment