Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't tell me no!

I am sure all our supporters will get a kick out of this story.  Yes, I am still the Heather you know and love, even though my daughter is sick.  Some days I don't know if I ate or took a shower.  Then, someone wrongs my kid and the old me kicks in!  I contacted all the organizations that I was told we don't qualify for - beads of courage, super sibs, summer camps and make a wish.  Guess what - our social worker was wrong! wrong! wrong!  (I secretly hope she is reading our blog and knows how wrong she was.)  I have applied for Super Sibs and ordered more beads of courage.  We don't qualify for Make a Wish because of Cora's age but that is okay.  I know she would ask for "Mouse" and I am not up for that trip anytime soon.  It just goes to show, you should never take NO for an answer. 

So many of you offered to send Grace and Andrew cards and notes. I would still love if you did that because Super Sibs is once a month.  My kids love getting mail!  Grandma and Poppop can attest to that. 

Please use our post office box -
Cora Dalik Fund
c/o Grace or Andrew Dalik
po box 333
Linthicum, MD  21090

Cora had a great day yesterday and is sort of fussy today.  Nothing makes her happy but I am getting through the day.  Tonight Jeff and I will switch so I can go to back to school night.  I can't wait to see Grace and Andrew's classrooms and hear about what they do during the day.  Tomorrow Jeff, Grace, Andrew and I will be at our house together for the first time in almost a month.  Captain CORAgeous will celebrate his 6th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment