Saturday, September 24, 2011

Are you happy?

Once Cora realized what was happening today, there was no stopping her.  She knew something special was happening because her door was decorated for the celebration.  At first, she screamed and cried as we made trip after trip to the car.  Then, her room for the last 31 days was empty.  When they brought out her cake, I think she got it!  We sang "Happy end of transplant to you!" and off we went.  I could feel the electricity in Cora's body as I carried her thought the heavy door we came in through 31 days ago.  "Bye-bye's, this (pointing in any direction but the way we came), bye-bye's"  Our departure took a few extra minutes because of a medication mix-up but Cora's electricity grew as we headed down the elevator and to the doors.  

Once in the apartment, she was a little scared and confused.  I have been saying we would go to a new house for a little while, but it is hard to know what she understands.  As Jeff was cleaning out the car, Cora settled in on my lap for a snuggle.  She let out a huge sigh of contentment.  I said "Are you happy?"  "Uhhhuuhhh!", was her reply.  That about sums up the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment