Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today I will eat...

COOKIES!   I am finally hungry and today, tomorrow and the next day I will eat homemade cookies.  Luckily, I have an amazing baker friend who brought over homemade cookies, within hours of me mentioning I was craving them.  All the food here at the hospital is so processed, so bland, so cold.  So for the next few days, I will eat cookies.  Cookies and peanutbutter, cookies and cheese, cookies and carrot sticks.  Today I am grateful for cookies!

Cora had another uneventful night and day so far.  Today is day 7, post bone marrow.  We should see her being to feel bad right around now.  Again, we will wait and pray the effects are minimal. 

Someone suggested I check into Super Sibs, a program for the siblings of sick children.  I asked about it today and it sounded so wonderful.  Siblings are sent care packages with notes and cards.  I know how much my kids love getting mail so this sounds like something they would love.  I excitedly filled out my application and turned it right in to our social worker.  BAM!  (literally heard the door slam) "oops, Cora doesn't have cancer.  Grace and Andrew won't be approved."  Really??  As if to say, just because Cora has another, very rare, life threatening illness, our journey isn't valid.  (Trust me, I just figured out where my energies are going to go when this is all over.  I am going to change the system!) 

So, I got to thinking, why couldn't our "village" create our own Super Sibs program.  Trying to keep it simple, our supporters could mail Grace and Andrew notes of encouragement, cards, pictures drawn by your kids.  We could use our post office box, which gets checked each day.  I am open to thoughts and suggestions so share what you are thinking as I put this together. 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment