Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prayers are being answered

Every day I think that this will be the day when Cora starts feeling bad.  Today wasn't that day either.  Today she was fussy times (which sent our favorite doctor running for cover!) but nothing like what has been described to me.  Could we be THAT lucky?  I doubt it so keep praying that the effects of chemo and the bone marrow transplant are minimal. 

We had another quiet, rainy day.  The view of the city from the 8th floor is amazing, even in the rain.  Cora loves to look out the window and says "rain".  I wondered today if she is missing going outside.  She doesn't ask to throw the ball with the "woof" anymore so I guess she is getting used to the indoor life.  You know what else I noticed today - there are no bugs on the Oncology floor.  Not even on little stink bug or gnat.  I guess bugs weren't invited to this party.   

Cora is also starting to talk more and tell me what she needs.  Her voice is so cute when she says "peas Mommy" and "tank you".  It melts your heart!  I would love to get rid of the word "Elmo", her new favorite guy.  We spend many hours a day snuggled up, watching the furry guy. 

Thank you again to everyone who is praying for Cora.  Our message is reaching far and wide.  Tonight, could you also pray for all the children and families we spend our days with.  I am learning that everyone has a story.  Although the stories are different, the emotion is the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment