Monday, September 26, 2011

I saw the sign!

I don't need to be hit over the head or struck by lightening but I "heard' the sign.  I get it and we are moving home.  I don't know when we will move since we are taking things slowly.  Later this week sits well with me - how about you?  I heard there is going to be a party in our driveway (with everyone wearing germ masks!)  Sorry - I know you are wondering but I don't want to share the sign in my journal.  For all I know, your sister might be the nurse that unknowingly gave me the sign.  Call me and I will gladly share the story. 

Grace and Andrew are really worried that Cora will get sick again, not just with a cold but like she was when she was admitted into the hospital in July.  We will pray that her body stays strong and fights infections. 

One of our doctors outlined Cora's immune system status in terms everyone can understand, even Grace and Andrew.  In 6 months, Cora will have 1/2 of an immune system.  It will take a year or more for it to be back to full strength.  Right now she has the immune system of a baby born at 20 weeks.  Wow, that really brings it home.  

On a happy note, Cora's counts continue to climb.  She didn't need any platelets or blood today.  Sometime in the next two weeks we will have a repeat bone marrow aspiration and that will be the first real glimpse into Cora's recovery.    We will know if her body has accepted Andrew's marrow as her own or is fighting it.  This will be a time of prayer.  I will let you know the date as soon as I know. 

Be CORAgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment