Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another Quiet Day

Another quiet day - almost has me worried about what is coming.  Cora was pretty happy today and after a morning on the couch, Andrew returned to the boy we know and love.  I was even able to take the kids over to Rachel's (our beloved babysitter) to celebrate her 21rst birthday.  Happy Birthday Rachel!  After that friends came over to get my laptop all set up for scrapbooking.  It was really nice to see Grace and Andrew playing with other children, happy, almost normal. 

Just like greiving the loss of a loved one, there is an emotional process for what we are going through.  Today, I cleaned out the garage (which is better than therapy!) and while I cleaned, I started to reflect on the events of the last 6 weeks.  There are parts I don't remember.  I don't remember calling Cora's Godmother or my mother.  I don't remember all the details, the blood counts and medicines of the first 8 days.  I don't remember hearing the diagnosis from the doctors.  I don't even remember who the doctor was that told me the diagnosis.  I am starting to put the pieces together so don't be suprised if I ask you a crazy question that I should know the answer to. 

All this reflection brought me to realize that I need to say thank you to a lot of people.  I think the biggest thank you needs to go to my Mom and Howard who have been at my disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  To all the people keeping our bellies full - thank you.  Everyone helping me with odd jobs so that I can spend time with the kids - thank you.  Thank you to my sister, Suzanne and James who have taken on fundraising as a full-time job.  That brings me to my last thank you for tonight.  Thank you to everyone who has donated money to help pay Cora's medical expenses.  Jeff and I haven't really gotten our heads around the tremendous expense in front of us, but many of you have.  We are extremely grateful for every penny you have donated.   Oh - and thank you to Simone, Cliff and all our bike shop employees.  Without you, Jeff and I wouldn't be able to be in two places at once. 

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment