Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Andrew is amazing!

Captain CORAgeous, saving the world one sister at a time!  What an amazing boy he is.  He was able to go back to school today and made it through the whole day!  I told him someone would come get him around 1:00 because I honestly didn't think he would make it through the day.  This morning he said to Jeff "Can I stay all day if I want?  Isn't that what the other kids do?"  We relied on his teacher to let us know if he needed to come home.  He had a great day and we are thrilled.  Remember, his doctor told me he would miss most of this week. 

Cora had another uneventful day.  In the next day or so, she will start to feel bad, her hair will fall out and she will stop eating.  I am cherishing the happy days.  Right now she is in her crib singing the songs we sang today and clapping happily.  Today we counted to five and spelled her name, all the things a normal toddler would do on a rainy Monday.  If I peel the back off one more foam sticker, I might go nuts though.  But wait until you see her art!  She also got to take her first real bath in about a week.  She was off her iv pole for an hour this morning, which made her really happy.  

Thank you to everyone for your support, love and prayers.  Someone commented in the guest book that so many people are praying for us - people we haven't even met.  I hope one day we get to meet all the people who have prayed, wished, sent positive energy and kept our village together.

No comments:

Post a Comment