Wednesday, March 28, 2012

180 days = 6 months

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012 8:41 AM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
180 days = 6 months
Today is day 180, post transplant.  We made it to 6 months!  We have so much to celebrate today.  Today, I am grateful for the courage of Andrew.  I shudder to think about the other path Cora's life could have taken if Andrew hadn't been a match.  I am also grateful that Cora's body knew just what to do with that great bone marrow.  My gratitude for Grace, Jeff and my Mom who help without hesitation is endless.  

The unwavering support of our friends and family has gotten us through the last 8 months.  (yes, it has been 8 months since that first email I sent begging you to pray for our little girl)  The prayer warriors have keep Cora largely incident free and without a hospitalization, which is our own mini miracle.    

This weekend we will have a celebration.  We will celebrate PopPop's birthday, Grace's straight A report card (amazing, given what she is going through), Andrew's first lost tooth, and Cora's 180 days. 

Please pray for 6 more uneventful months.  Our next goal is Sept 2, one year post transplant.  What a party there will be!  Hmm, I wonder if Milkshake is available to play the "lala" song?

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment