Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One for Grandma

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2012 9:34 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
One for Grandma
I just have to brag on Grace a bit.  The kids knew I had a "sewing date" today during naptime.  Grace asked a million questions about my sewing date, which project would we be working on, could she watch, etc.  Then, she asked, "why do you sew, Mommy?"  I like the feeling of being creative and it makes people happy when I make them things.  Good answer!  

Cora was very fussy this morning so she went down for a nap early.  Grace and Andrew finagled an invitation to help MomMom polish silver.  My sewing date and I got working.  Then, Cora woke up a bear and unhappy!  She ate a little but mostly wanted me to hold her.  I don't know if Shawn and I even finished a project - I can't remember.  

Somewhere in the midst of Cora fussing, Shawn leaving, Jersey and Jeff coming home, Grace got out some sewing.  She figured out her project and got to work.  Meanwhile, I am thinking to myself, how am I going to tell Grace I can't help her because I have to take care of Cora.  I try so hard to minimize the times I say that but today I was already spread too thin.   I was also a little annoyed that Grace would pick a project that eventually would need my help.  As predicted, Grace needed my help threading the machine.  While I juggled 35 pound, crying Cora, threaded the machine and got Grace all set up (still feeling annoyed with Grace) Grace is talking to Cora.  "See this Bean?  This is for you.  It is a blanket for your dolly.  See the bear?  I am making this for you because you don't feel good and this will make you feel better.   You can sleep with it (whisper - Is that okay Mommy?)  Just for you Bean because I love you."  

No more frustration, no more annoyance, just pure love.  Oh, and a new blanket for Cora's dolly lovingly made by her big sister.  

Be CORAgeous!

Ps - Yes Cassie, I am aware that I am creating a mini-me.  I am okay with that.  

Pss- Alyssa is in Disney World basking in the glow of the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment