Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"I not a baby"

TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012 8:30 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
"I not a baby"
Since she could talk, Cora has been referring to herself as "baby".  If you ask her what her name is, she will say "baby".  Today, she said "I not a baby."  I said "If you aren't a baby, what are you?"  "A girl", she responded.  My baby girl is turning into a big girl.  

Cora has been taking advantage of the warmer weather andrequesting demanding to see the horses each day.  She is so cute when she says "hi neigh.  Here I am.  You eating nummies?  You got a blanket on?"  

Cora continues to do well.  We are still on house arrest, spending a good chunk of time each day sanitizing common surfaces.  Her clinic visit today was uneventful.  Her counts are good, cyclosporin level stable and no sign of GVHD (rejection).  We are really blessed that our journey has been so stable.  

This afternoon I took Grace and Andrew to the Wellness House for CLIMB.  What a difference it makes in the kids!  They were both pretty angry/upset because I wasn't home when they got home because of our afternoon clinic appointment.  On the way to Annapolis, I couldn't get the kids to talk about their day, plans for Wednesday, hopes and dreams, nothing!  All I got back was sour faces.  You can imagine this is hard on me and makes me resent our situation even more.  But, I put on a happy face when we arrived and asked the kids to do the same.  1 1/2 hours later - happy kids.  The drive home was constant chatter, chatter, chatter.  They were even able to say "I was mad because you didn't pick us up from the bus.  You always pick us up. I don't like when the routine is changed".  They are already looking forward to next week's group.  This afternoon was just a reminder that the ones that are hurting the most in this journey are Grace and Andrew.  Tonight I am thankful for Paula and the other Climb teachers.  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment