Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What weather!

FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012 10:16 AM, EDT
written by Heather Dalik
What weather!
I know how blessed we are to have this wonderful weather.  I hate the cold. In September I had no idea how I would make it through Jan and Feb, stuck in the house with a toddler.  Would you believe we only had two weeks where we couldn't go outside!  That is amazing.  Cora's doctors tell us the lack of flu season was a contributing factor to keeping her well.  We have enjoyed lots of time at the park and outside, especially the last two weeks.  Our new routine, lead by Cora, is to rush outside after dinner, leaving the kitchen a mess.  Oh well, I just go with the flow and clean it up later.  Playing is more fun anyway.  

I have spent the last few days prepping for a craft show this weekend.  I will be at St. Phillip Neri in Linthicum on Saturday, if you want to stop by.  Cora is an eager helper and my show bags have been completely reorganized, thanks to Cora.  This morning she was sitting at the sewing machine, pretending to sew.  It was quite cute to see her with the tape measure around her neck, sewing ribbon.  Suddenly, she looked us and said "Mommy, I want to stop working now." and jumped down out of the chair.  "Come on Mommy.  Let's play."  So, I will have less inventory at the show but a happy girl.

Clinic this week was uneventful.  Cora's potassium levels are stable but creeping up.  It is a waiting game.  We did lower the dose on one medication in the hopes that will help.  

I took Cora on a fast errand, first thing in the morning.  We were at Kohls by 8:30.  She rode in the stroller, kept her mask on, didn't touch anything and was only a tiny bit scared.  In the car we talked about how if she was scared, I would hold her but she couldn't scream.  She kept asking "Who is that?" when we passed another customer.  I am getting used to the stares when she wears her mask.  This is progress for me because the staring used to infuriate me.   

Cora's sentences are up to 7/8 words.  I told her yesterday something our pediatrician told Grace.  If you can put 7 words into a sentence, you are smart enough to use the potty.  She just looked at me and said "no".  Should we start making bets about when she will potty train?  I suspect this one is much like her older sister and will do it when she is ready.

Not much else to report for the week.  All of our cancer friends are stable so the prayers worked.  

Thank you again for your unwavering support!  Don't forget about the Bone Marrow Donor Drive on March 31.   Details are on Cora's facebook page.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment