Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How about some more prayers?

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012 6:08 PM, EST
written by Heather Dalik
How about some more prayers?
Today was one of the worst days.  Really, it wasn't the worst (I think transplant day was THE worst) but right now, I am exhausted and it feels pretty terrible.  Cora woke up this morning and I knew something was wrong.  I held her while she ate a bagel.  I held her while she drank water.  I held her all morning!  I waited for the fever I knew was coming.  Right before her nap, a slight fever came.  I put her down for a nap, called clinic and started to get things ready.  See, in my world, a fever means you go to the hospital, right away and for lots and lots of days.  

Nancy (Cora's dr) called me back.  99.5?  Hang in there and wait.  Maybe the fever will go away.  Right?  Fevers never go away.  They get worse before they get better.  So, I packed a bag, got dinner ready, and warned Grace and Andrew.  Jeff stayed home and we waited, and waited and waited (and yes, I paced quite a bit) for our girl to wake up.  I checked her, using highly scientific method of sneaking in her room and checking her head temperature.  Then, we waited some more.  3.5 hours later, she woke up.  She woke up a new girl, no fever.  Nothing short of amazing, if you ask me.  We went out for a walk and Grace planned a celebration dinner complete with dress-ups.  Right now, the very relieved big kids are in the playroom with their little sister.   I am crying listening to them play together.  They love their little sister so much.    

And an update on Alyssa - no strep, got to wait that sickness out too.  

Please pray for our special girls tonight.  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment