Thursday, July 19, 2012

Angel


Angel

Written Apr 30, 2012 9:40am by Heather Dalik
Joey's body will be laid to rest this morning.  His bereaved parents and sister will say goodbye to their beloved son and brother.  As I explained to Grace yesterday, his body is here but his spirit is gone off to do bigger and better things.  Maybe he will guard over sick kids everywhere or maybe he will just get to be a kid and do the things he loves without pain or medicine.  

Apparently, I drove to Joey's viewing yesterday with Cora's favorite "lala's" cd on.  (I know you have done this too, listened to kid music with no kids in the car!)  I have no memory of listening to the Milkshake cd.  I was caught up in my own thoughts, reflecting on sick kids and trying to get all my tears out so I wouldn't cry in the funeral home.  That didn't work and I cried and cried.  I cried for all that was lost, both for Joey and all the sick kids Cora and I know.  Lost childhoods, lost innocence, lost lives. I cried when I saw that precious angel, life cut too short by cancer.  I wondered if Joey was at peace and prayed he was.  

I got back in the car and pulled out of my parking space.  My awareness came to the music floating through my car "Do you have wings and fly, into the sky above?  High over housetops, smiling at birds, soaring in circles, too happy for words."  Yes, I believe Joey sent me a message and I will share it with his Mom and Dad.  He is safe, at peace and even happy.  

Please continue to keep Faith in your prayers.  She has had some mystery fevers and nasty side effects.  She got her last ever (hopefully) dose of chemo.  Her ANC is dropping so please pray her body stays strong a fights off infection.   

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment