Thursday, July 19, 2012

Strep


Written Jun 1, 2012 10:48pm by Heather Dalik
Sorry for the delayed post on Cora's weekly clinic visit (yes, we are still going once a week!)  This week we saw our fellow but Nancy stopped by to say hi.  Sunday, I noticed Cora's voice was different so I looked in her throat.  We have been watching her tonsils, which seemed to be slowly growing over the last month.  Her tonsils were HUGE, beyond huge, so huge I was wondering if she could breathe.  Since there were no other symptoms, I waited it out.  No symptoms on Wed but we went ahead and did a throat culture.  I haven't heard anything so I will assume everything is okay.  Her counts were good and her potassium level appears to be coming down, which is great news. 

So, this is how it goes around here.  It is 10:54 on a terribly rainy Friday night.  I am writing my journal entry before I fall into bed. The phone rings.  There are two reasons the phone would ring at 10:54 in the evening - someone broke into the bike shop or it is Hopkins.  Yeah - Cora has strep.  I have already told myself 20 times in 2 minutes NOT to freak.  Yet, I am freaking.  Now, one of us has to bear the rain to go to a 24 hour pharmacy and get a prescription asap.  Please pray hard for my girl.  This cannot turn into something that means hospitalization!  Cannot, cannot, cannot.  I must be here, at our house to celebrate my sweet Grace's birthday this weekend.  I cannot go to live at Hopkins, not this weekend.  Please..... 

Be CORageous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment