Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Friday


Written Apr 6, 2012 10:30pm by Heather Dalik
Good Friday wasn't so good for us.  I know I went into the day with a bad attitude but the day didn't cooperate either.  Cora was at clinic for hours and hours, so it seemed anyway.  We waited until after 12:00 to be seen. Thankfully, a few people we know were there and we hung out with them for morning.  When we finally were seen, I found out Cora's potassium level was 4.8.  Wednesday it was 5.4.  That is a serious drop!  None the less, the doctor checked her out and sent us on our way.  

Since the weather wasn't so great, Grace, Andrew and I decided to go see the Lorax.  We got there, got parked, went to get tickets - sold out. Now, both kids are crying and I am in a really bad mood.  We had a little ice cream and got ourselves together.  We made a vow to see that movie on Monday, no matter what!  On the way home, we saw a super stretch hummer limo.  Say that three times fast!  Andrew was in awe so I did what any good Mommy would do, I marched myself over to the driver and asked if Andrew could take a peek.  As I watched him tour the amazing beast, I made a mental note that our family celebration (around one year post transplant) should include a limo ride.  

The rest of our day was uneventful.  Cora's top teeth seem to be coming in which would explain the food and water strike.  If she gets a low grade fever, we will know why.  She was happy and chatty tonight.  I am excited to watch her find eggs on Easter.  We are going to have a house full of people (okay, only 13 people) for the first time since July.  Everyone has agreed to comply with the house rules so we should have tons of fun and good food.  

Thanks so much for your prayers and love.  We always seem to pull through and I think it is because of all the prayers coming our way.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment