Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wait, it gets better....


Wait, it gets better....

Written Jul 9, 2012 1:33pm by Heather Dalik
I spent three hours at the bank this morning, closing and opening our accounts.  I am sure the bank rep thought I was a luney.  Short fuse?  Yeah, that was me this morning.  It all started with "Mrs. Dalik, we cannot do anything for you unless your husband is present."  He is four store fronts down, you know who he is, draw up this paperwork right now and I will get him over here to sign it.  He is not going to sit here and watch you for two hours.

No, you can't have free checking as we don't offer that type of account anymore.  YES, you will give me the same account that I had before and NO, I will not pay for the new checks and deposit slips.  

You can see how the morning went.

THEN, my bank rep says "Wait, you just ordered checks on 7/2"  WHAAAATTT?  When I look at my account at home, there is no evidence of checks being ordered.  In fact, checks were ordered on 7/2 and delivered UPS to my front door on 7/3.  Astounding!  I am sitting there in dismay, wondering how this could happen, how did they get the checks?  

Right there, in the quiet of the bank I realized - AHHHHH, Grace and I SAW the guy get out of his car, come on the porch and leave.  Strange cars in our driveway always make me pay attention.  The guy got out of his car, came up on the porch, bent down near the door mat (I was standing in the stained glass watching him.)  then he went back to his car.  I figured he put one of those flyers under the door mat so I didn't even open the door.  I did, however, notice he had something blue in his hand.   That was MY box of checks, wrapped in blue plastic!!

Reading this story, it sounds like a circus.  A calculated bit of malicious intent aimed straight at us.  So, pond scum, if you happen to be reading this, you have done your damage, robbed me of many hours and my sense of security.  Move on but watch out for karma because it will get you, if I don't first.  

Hearing all the phone calls and the mad voices, my sweet daughter just brought me a handful of Swedish Fish.  My girl knows just what to do!  Handful of Swedish fish and hug from the big girl - all is right in the world.  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment