Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pray for Faith


Pray for Faith

Written Apr 24, 2012 12:58pm by Heather Dalik
I stole this from my friend's blog - she said it better than I could.  Faith is our friend and needs lots of prayers today as she undergoes her second bone marrow transplant.

From Gretchen, Mom to Alyssa - 
There is so much I do not put on this blog. A lot of the pain and hurt, stories of other cancer kids who are struggling, the behind the scenes stuff that I try to push out of my mind or else risk the need for heavy medication. But today -- today - little Faith is getting her second bone marrow transplant. Poor, sweet Faith, who is just five years old and has already reached her maximum allowable (as in LIFETIME) dose of radiation. Faith, who hasn't walked in weeks because her legs hurt so badly. Who has thrown up consistently and needed an NG tube pushed down her nose. Faith is in my every thought and prayer today, as is her brave, brave Mommy, Deborah, who watches and hopes and somehow manages to stifle the cries of agony as her baby goes through this. Faith has been such an inspiration through her journey, and Deborah (truth be told) is my hero. They expect Faith to have complications, some of which are awful and frightening. Some of which I cannot bring myself to think about.

The bone marrow transplant is at 3:00 this afternoon. Deborah is the donor. PLEASE, stop whatever it is that you are doing at 3:00 and recognize that, no matter what issues are facing you today, they probably do not compare to what is happening on the oncology floor at Hopkins. Please pray for Faith, and Deborah, and that God grant us the miracle we so desperately wish for - complete healing for Faith from this stupid, stupid, stupid disease. 

There are no words to express how horrible this is. It deeply affects every one of us in the cancer community. Please, please pray.

Be CORAgeous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment