Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rolling along


Rolling along

Written Apr 26, 2012 8:32pm by Heather Dalik
This week was much more peaceful - sort of.  Cora is having a language growth spurt.  Jeff said Andrew used to talk ALL the time and Cora talks more than him.  The other day, after three hours of non-stop talking, I said to Cora, "Honey, could you stop talking for a few minutes?"  Her thoughtful reply, "Ok Mommy, I sing".  I do cherish the toddler years, the curiosity, the questions but I could do without the temper tantrums and inability to reason.  

Clinic this week was uneventful.  Cora's levels actually took a dip.  I am not sure what it all means, especially since all her counts are down.  They aren't lower than they have been in the past and I seriously feel like I should be paying better attention to the numbers.  I am not a numbers girl so they go in one ear and out the other.  We didn't see Nancy this week but Sama said it wasn't really anything to worry about.  
This week was our last appointment in the clinic we have called home since July.  The Children's Center at Hopkins is moving into the new building this weekend.  The best news is I will be able to go the Inpatient super easy and see our friends.  I hope to visit Faith, Jackson, and Malky this week.  Faith is stable following her transplant.  Thank you for all the prayers.  
 
As you know when Cora got sick, I stopped working.  My wonderful friends went to fairs and festivals in the fall and sold off most of my inventory.  I only signed up for four festivals this spring.  It takes a tole on the kids to have me gone for 8 hours.  Not to mention, the hours it takes to create aren't available to me like before.  Last Sunday's festival was rained out.  It was looking like serious rain this Saturday but now it looks like it will be chilly and cloudy.  I will be at the Crofton Festival on the Green on Saturday.  Stop by and see me.  I was able to stop by that show in the fall and it was so great to see so many of our followers and friends.  

Sunday is the Port to Fort for Believe in Tomorrow Children's House.  Join us as we walk the 6k.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment