Thursday, July 19, 2012

In the wrong line of work


In the wrong line of work

Written Jul 10, 2012 9:29pm by Heather Dalik
Apparently, Jeff and I are in the wrong line of work.  Mr and Mrs Pond Scum will continue to go about their lives, committing federal crimes for income.  I am seriously considering a life of crime because it certainly pays better than my current job.

The bank closed the fraud investigation, gave us our money back, end of story.  UPS and the Postal Authority don't care if the checks were stolen off my front porch.  The check company doesn't care that someone ordered out of our account without our permission.  Verizon doesn't care that we didn't turn off our service.  The police?  I am not even going to go there.  

And if I hear another completely insincere "I am sorry for your inconvenience", I am going to get Gretchen to come up with a snappy comeback!

Please continue to pray for Sarah.  She was unable to get the 5th monster chemo dose because her body was too toxic.  Pray that her body recovers and is leukemia free so she can move to transplant.  

Jackson got his port put in today, which is a huge recovery step.  Yeah Jackson!  

In all the stuff I have been dealing with, I totally forgot to mention our good news.  Cora's numbers looked so good at clinic last Thursday, we get to skip a week!  We are putting 10 days between visits.  This is huge.  I have instructions to check her daily (interpretation - every time she walks past me) for signs of GVHD.  Nancy said "I am always here if you need me.  Just call." (interpretation - go have a glass of wine) as I walked out the door.  10 days!  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment