Thursday, July 19, 2012

Totally stinks!


Totally stinks!

Written Apr 15, 2012 9:34pm by Heather Dalik
It totally, totally stinks that I know two of the four children featured on the poster at Giant for childhood cancer.  Giant is doing a month long fundraiser for childhood cancer research.  When I see those posters, I always wonder if they are real people or models chosen for the poster.  I can tell you for sure that the two girls in the poster have cancer.  They are among some of Cora's clinic pals.  The teen age girls LOVE Cora! One of them (one on the poster!) even let Cora watch her get her port accessed in the hope that Cora would stop screaming when she gets hers accessed.  Didn't work but it was a super sweet thought.  

If you remember my Ann Taylor Loft December experience, you know I will be steering clear of Giant for the next month.  I will get friendly with the local Safeway that just finished a cancer research fundraiser.  It is simply too painful to go through the check out line and have the cheery cashier read her script.  She has no idea, she doesn't personally know any child with cancer, she is just doing her job - yet every time I am asked "would you like to donate for childhood cancer research", I cry.  I cry for all the children who are suffering at the hands of this horrible disease called cancer.  

Tonight, I made a donation on behalf of Cora and I will grocery shop at Safeway for the next month.  

Cora had a great weekend and enjoyed lots of outside time.  No clinic until Wednesday so I will update later in the week.

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment