Thursday, July 19, 2012

What to do?


What to do?

Written Jun 14, 2012 9:53pm by Heather Dalik
No medicine at 8:00.  It is so strange.  For 9 months, I have lived by 8:00, watching the clock morning and night to be sure I didn't miss the window.  Suddenly, I feel free.  Cora doesn't get any medicine, except Saturday and Sunday.  I think we came home from Hopkins with 9 medicines to be administered several times a day.  That was 9 months ago.  

Tonight, I called Andrew to take his asthma meds.  "Me too Mommy", the sweet little voice asked. 
"No Cora, no medicine for Cora." 
"Oh WOW Mommy, Wow." 
That about sums it up.  

The next 30 days when Cora is most at risk for GVHD.  Her potassium levels are still high.  We don't go back to clinic until next Thursday, which will be a full week off the cyclosporin.  Please pray that GVHD stays away and those potassium levels come down.  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment