Thursday, July 19, 2012

Emotions


Emotions

Written Apr 23, 2012 9:32pm by Heather Dalik
Emotions are running high in our house this week.  It started with Andrew coming home from school on Wed with a fever.  Within hours he had a fever of 102/103.  He woke up and told me his throat hurt. One swipe with the flashlight revealed dots, lots and lots of dots.  Panic! These days, I don't even try to track down our pediatrician, I just call her cellphone. Within minutes Rachel was here to watch Cora and we were off to see our favorite voice of calm, Dr. Burke.  My sweet boy fell asleep in the office while Dr. Burke and I talked about what to do with Cora.  Nancy (Cora's bmt doctor) called while I was still with Dr. Burke.  Nancy wasn't overly concerned, Dr Burke wasn't overly concerned, I WAS overly concerned.  A fever this high would for sure send Cora and I back to Hotel Hopkins.  Three days and lots of antibiotics later, Andrew was back to normal and having trouble keeping his jeans up from the weight loss.  Cora and Grace?  Well, we will leave that unsaid for now.  

Maybe it is because I wear my heart on my sleeve right now, but things around me seem filled with emotion.  I have gone from being elated beyond words (still can't reveal that one!) to crashing down with the loss of an amazing little boy to cancer.  Throw a new cancer diagnosis of a long time friend in there and a rained out craft show (rain = no income), and our pal and favorite pediatrician having her gallbladder taken out, and I am worn out.  I hope that this week I can recharge and refresh.  I hope to get some yoga in too.  

Cora has clinic Tuesday afternoon so that she can see our fellow.  I can feel her potassium levels rising.  

Tonight, please say and extra prayer of healing for the Sudo family as the deal with the loss of their son Joey.  

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment