Thursday, July 19, 2012

Random acts of unkindness


Random acts of unkindness

Written Jul 6, 2012 10:35pm by Heather Dalik
A while back I asked Gretchen (Alyssa's Mom) what she does when she is done, like D-O-N-E.  She said she writes a scathing email and gets over it.  I am not done, yet but need to write a scathing email.  The problem is, there is no one to write it to.  I have opted to share it on my "blog" (which isn't really a blog because I am in blogger denial).  The series of events of the last three days have left Jeff and I with an uneasy feeling about society.  And to ease your mind as you read, this has nothing to do with Cora.

Many of you know that on July 3 our phone/internet/cable was turned off.  It happened sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon.  Two hours on the phone with verizon, revealed that someone hacked into our account and canceled our service.  Slightly unbelievable, even to the account rep that I talked to.  She simply could not understand that I didn't cancel my own service, only to have it reinstated 6 hours later.  As I told her "I wouldn't mess my own life up just for giggles".  BUT we were without internet for two days and that is when the real problem occurred.  I seriously had on my list of things to do "check bank accounts" for mysterious activity.  We had two hang ups and two wrong numbers on Wed so I thought something might be up but wasn't terribly concerned because what is the likelihood they are connected?  Friday is a busy day at the Dalik house and well,  I never checked the bank accounts.

5:00 the phone rings - Bank of America Laurel branch calling to tell me someone just tried to cash a $3000 check from our account.  Jump on the computer and find out this person has been having fun, cashing checks from Cora's medical fund.  Two more hours on the phone and yes, our bank account and phone account have indeed been compromised by some low life, pond scum.  

Seriously, I'd really rather think these kind of people don't exist in the world, but apparently they do and they crafted the perfect scheme. They had our phone/intenet shut off so that the bank couldn't call us to verify check cashing.  Who would even think of that!?!?  

Please pray for 
Sarah as she endures day 4 of monster chemo, from the picu
Alysaa during her monthly steroid weekend
Jackson and Faith as they continue to soar after their transplants

My prayer for the pond scum?  Karma will get you!

Be CORAgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment